How to Play
All you need to do is follow the instructions at your table to connect your phone, tablet, or laptop to the Woody's Bingo lobby. Once connected, you'll be randomly assigned a Bingo card. Just tap the numbers as they're called to claim them. There are two kinds of rounds:
- Normal Rounds require you to claim numbers to complete a vertical, horizontal, or diagonal line. You'll know it's a Normal Round if one of the tiles is rainbow-colored.
- Special Rounds require you to claim all the brightly-colored tiles to complete the special shape. You'll know it's a Special Round if some of the tiles are gray and others are bright green.
As you play the game, you'll earn points. Points are awarded for claiming numbers, completing Bingos, and a few other ways that are discussed below. The player with the most points at the end of the game will win the High Score Jackpot! This Jackpot increases by $0.05 every time someone plays a round, up to a maximum of $50. So, if 50 players play all 14 rounds, the High Score Jackpot would be $35.00!
If you hit a Bingo or win the High Score Jackpot, you're awarded with Bingo Bux! These can be spent on this website to claim prizes or make charity donations. The amount awarded for a Bingo is 10% the number of players in that round, up to a maximum of $5. So, if 30 players participate in a round, the winner of the Bingo would receive a $3.00 payout!
How to Win Points
Woody's Bingo is brand new, and so we are still tinkering with the scoring system. The points system described below may be subject to change without notice.
- You win 100 points for every number you claim.
- You may only claim a number while it appears in the “Calls” section of your screen. A new number is called roughly every 10 seconds and the 6 most recent calls are displayed in the Calls section. This means you have 60 seconds to claim a number before it’s too late. Once a number is pushed off the Calls list, it may no longer be claimed. This is to prevent a player from joining late in the round and tapping every tile on their board to quickly claim every number that has been called.
Getting “Claim Streaks”
- If you claim multiple numbers in a row, the value of the claim doubles with each consecutive claim. Example: B10, I16, and N35 are called and you claim them in that order. Instead of winning 100, 100, and 100 for a total of 300 points, you would win 100, 200, and 400, for a total of 700 points.
- To be counted as a streak, each call must be claimed before the next call is made. For instance, if B10 and G60 are called but you wait until G60 is called before claiming both numbers, that will not count as a streak.
- When you only need one more number to win the round, you’ve got an Uno! You can win multiple Unos in a normal round, and one Uno in a special round.
- Your first Uno is worth 200 points. That value doubles with every additional Uno you hit during a round! So if you hit 3 Unos during a round, you'll win 200, 400, and 800 points, for a total of 1,400 points!
- A single tile can only be counted as an Uno once. So, if you only need N35 to complete a horizontal Bingo, you’d get an Uno. But then if you filled in the rest of the N column so that N35 would result in a vertical Bingo as well, it would not count as a second Uno.
- Many players enjoy shouting “Uno!” when they get one!
- When you successfully complete a Bingo, either by claiming a complete row, column, or diagonal line during a Normal Round or by claiming all the brightly-colored tiles in a Special Round, you win points and an immediate Bingo Bux payout!
- You win 5,000 points for claiming a Bingo.
- You win $0.10 per player in that round. So, if 20 players are participating in that round, you'll win $2.00!
- Late Bingos: If you can claim a Bingo but wait until additional calls are made, this is known as a Late Bingo. If another player claims a more-recent Bingo then it will beat out your Late Bingo, so don't delay when claiming your Bingos!
- Ties: If multiple players hit a Bingo on the same call, this results in a tie. Each player's Jackpot will be divided by the number of tied players. So, if the Jackpot is $5.00 and 3 players claim it on the same call, each player would win 1,667 points and $1.67.
The Magic Tile
- During a Normal Round you will see that one of your tiles is multi-colored with a number in the corner, from x2 to x5. This is the Magic Tile! If you manage to claim a Bingo that includes the Magic Tile, then your Bingo points will be multiplied by that amount! Bingos normally award 5,000 points, so if you hit one with a x5 Magic Tile, congratulations, you just won 25,000 points!
Playing Consecutive Rounds
- At the end of every round, all the points you won that round are tallied and added to your overall game score. For every consecutive round you play, you gain a 20% bonus to this number. You start with no bonus, then gain 20% for your 2nd round, 40% for your 3rd round, and so on until you’re gaining a 260% bonus on the 14th round! This means if you win 100,000 points on your 14th round, you’ll win another 260,000 bonus points! There’s no better way to win that High Score Jackpot! Be careful, though, because if you skip even one round, your streak will reset!
- No Free-Space Bonus: During a normal round, hit a Bingo that doesn’t include the free space to win an extra 5,000 points!
- Insta-Bingo Bonus: Hit a Bingo without any unused numbers being called to win an extra 50,000 points!
- Unlucky Bonus: If you play a round and none of your numbers are called before someone claims a Bingo, you’ll win a bonus of 5,000 points for every number that was called that round!
- Bullseye Bonus: During a normal round, claim the 8 tiles surrounding the Free Space to win an extra 1,000 points per opponent in that round!
- Four-Corners Bonus: During a normal round, claim the 4 corner tiles to win an extra 500 points per opponent in that round!
- Wrong-Round Bonus: When you hit a standard row, column, or diagonal Bingo during a special round, you win an extra 1,000 points! This can occur once per round.
- Outside-the-Box Bonus: If you manage to claim all of the unused gray tiles during a special round, you win 500 bonus points for every gray tile claimed that round!
What is Woody’s Bingo?
Woody’s Bingo is a form of automated entertainment where an AI (artifical intelligence) runs a “live” 2-hour Bingo show. The AI calls Bingo numbers and makes announcements while popular music plays in the background. You can play the game on almost any WiFi-capable device, such as a phone, tablet, or laptop. As you play you’ll win Bingo Bux that you can spend on awesome prizes and charity donations!
Is it an app? Do I need to download anything?
Nope! Woody's Bingo is not an app and there is nothing to download. You just connect to the Woody's Bingo WiFi network, open an internet browser, and go to the address lobby.bingo. The game runs directly in your browser.
Will it work on X device?
The game should work on just about any device and browser, though there could be some exceptions. For the best experience, I recommend using an up-to-date version of Chrome, Firefox, or Safari on a device released within the last 5 years.
Is it really free? How do you make money?
Yes, it's 100% free, no strings attached. There is no cover charge, no minimum tab, no ads in the game, or any other monetary incentives. Venues pay to run the shows with the understanding that the show will bring in business. Hopefully you will purchase food and drinks while you play, but it's not a requirement.
What kind of prizes can I win?
If you hit Bingos or win the High Score Jackpot, you're awarded with "Bingo Bux" that you can spend to purchase eGift Cards or make charity donations. Bingo Bux have no monetary value, but may be used on this website to purchase your prizes. Bingo Bux have a 1/1 value, so a $5 gift card will cost 5 Bingo Bux.
Our gift cards are good at over 80 popular businesses, including retailers like Amazon, Target, and Gamestop, restaurants like Chili’s, Applebee’s, and Domino’s, and entertainment like Xbox Live Gold memberships, Nintendo credit, and popular theaters. You can even pay for your next vacation by picking up eGift Cards for AirBNB, Hotels.com, Southwest Airlines, and Uber! Once purchased, the eGift Card code is saved in your account and emailed to you.
You can also use your points to donate to charity! Choose from several charities hand-picked from Charity Watch’s top-rated charities! 100% of the donation amount goes directly to the charity!
How do I redeem an eGift Card?
Every merchant has instructions on their prize page. Most eGift Cards can be either redeemed on the business website or printed out and used in person.
Will my Bingo Bux ever expire?
Bingo Bux only expire after 12 months of inactivity. So if you play a game or log into your account at least once every 12 months, your points will not expire.
Do the eGift Cards expire?
Most do not expire, though each merchant determines their own terms. You can read the terms of a prize on the prize's "Get It" page before making your purchase.
Are there any refunds?
We are unable to offer refunds for eGift Cards purchases or charity donations.
Can I buy a prize as a gift?
You can! Since the eGift Card is just a code that will be emailed to you, you can forward it to another recipient or print it out to gift it in person.
How much of my donation actually goes to the charity?
100%! We donate through the Paypal Giving Fund. You can learn more at https://www.paypal.com/fundraiser/hub.
Why can’t I donate to X charity?
Our donations are made through the Paypal Giving Fund. They offer the ability to donate to many charities but are still missing a few. We also limit our choice of charities to Charity Watch’s list of top-rated charities. This means that we currently only offer the option to donate to charities that are listed on Charity Watch and are also offered by Paypal. We also try to limit our choices to one charity per category so as not to overwhelm our users with too many options and to ensure that our donations are not spread too thinly.
Are the charity donations tax deductible?
They are not. This is covered in the User Agreement. Bingo Bux have no monetary value, so using them to make your charity donation does not entitle you to a tax deduction.
Will I get a receipt for my charity donation?
You will receive a receipt from Woody’s Bingo. This receipt will appear in your Prize History, along with any other claimed prizes. It will also be emailed to you.